Vegan Seitan Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups of wheat vital gluten flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of steak seasoning
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/4 cups of cold vegetable broth
Broth For Boiling Seitan
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped green bell peppers
- Chopped onions
- Vegan mayo
- Melted vegan provolone style slices (Add plant milk to meltdown)
Step 1. Mix steak seasoning, garlic, crushed red peppers, salt and pepper with the wheat vital gluten flour. Add Worcestershire sauce.
Step 1. Mix wheat vital gluten flour with 1 1/4 cups of cold vegetable broth until you have a dough ball.
Step 2. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until you have a ball. Make sure to knead the dough well.
Step 3. Let the dough sit for about 10-15 minutes covered up.
Step 4. Boil wheat vital gluten in 3 cups of vegetable broth, onions, salt, and pepper. 20-25 min. Flip seitan halfway through cooking. Cook on medium until all the broth is about gone.
Step 5. Cut seitan into thin slices that resemble a chopped steak.
Step 6. Sauté onions and green bell peppers in oil. Add seitan and grill until it starts to brown. Add half of the melted provolone cheese to the seitan and grill for a few minutes.
Step 7. Add mayo to hoagies followed by seitan and extra cheese if you like.